eWEEK content and product recommendations are editorially independent. We may earn money when you click on links to our partners. Learn more.
On Tuesday, October 17 at 11:00 a.m. PT, @eWEEKNews will host its monthly #eWEEKChat. The topic will be the future of cloud computing, and it will be moderated by James Maguire, eWEEK Editor-in-chief.
We will discuss – using Twitter, now called X – the current and evolving trends shaping the future of cloud computing, a dynamic platform now fundamental to business. Our ultimate goal: to provide businesses with guidance that allows them to maintain a competitive strategy as the cloud continues to rapidly evolve.
See below for:
- List of participants for this month’s eWeek Tweetchat on Data Analytics
- Questions we’ll discuss it in this month’s eWeek Tweetchat
- How to participate in the Tweetchat
- Provisional schedule: Upcoming Tweetchats during Electronic Week
List of participants: the future of cloud computing
The list of experts for this month’s Tweetchat currently includes the following: please check back for more expert guests:
Tweetchat Questions: the future of cloud computing
The questions we will tweet about will be: come back for more/revised questions:
- Just checking: in 2023, the only technology topic people are discussing is AI. So…yawn…is the cloud still important? (Hint: yes, more than ever.)
- What key trends will drive the cloud sector by the end of 2023?
- What is the toughest challenge in cloud computing today? Manage multicloud? Master the costs ?
- How do you recommend businesses tackle this difficult challenge?
- Okay, looking ahead: what changes do you see in the cloud as it evolves over the next few years?
- How can businesses best keep up with – or anticipate – these changes in the cloud?
- How will cloud computing be influenced by AI and generative AI?
- What about the future of cloud and related technologies (besides AI)? What about the future cloud and edge, or cloud and data?
- Your long-term vision of the cloud? What’s happening in the foggy distance?
One final big thought on cloud computing: What else do managers/buyers/vendors need to know about the enterprise cloud?
How to participate in Tweetchat
The chat begins at 11:00 a.m. PT on October 17. To participate :
- Open Twitter in your browser. You will use this browser to tweet your responses to the moderator’s questions.
2. Open Twitter in a second browser. In the left menu, click Explore. In the search box at the top, type #eweekchat. This will open a column that displays all the questions and answers from the panelists.
Remember: you have to include manually the hashtag #eweekchat so that your answers are seen by the panel of tweetchat experts of the day.
There you go, you are ready to go. Be ready at 11:00 a.m. PT on September 12 to participate in the tweetchat.
NOTE: There is sometimes a few seconds delay between when you tweet and when your tweet appears in the #eWeekchat column.
Tentative #eWEEKchat schedule for 2023*
July 25: Optimizing Generative AI: A Guide for Businesses
August 15: Next-generation data analytics
September 12: AI in the business
October 17: The future of cloud computing
November 14: Edge Computing Trends
December 12: Technology in 2024: predictions and wild guesses
*all topics are subject to change