In this problem:
- Venture financing trends in the food sector
- CPG Venture Capital and Private Equity Fund
Venture financing trends in the food sector
- Verqor, an agrifintech startup in Mexico that provides credit to farmers for agriculture, announced that it has raised $7.5 million in funding.
- GoodBytz, a German food technology startup that develops robotic kitchens, announced that it has raised €12 million in its Series A round.
- Keurig Dr Pepper announced plans to invest $100 million to expand its coffee production facility in South Carolina.
- Keurig Dr Pepper announced that it has entered into a long-term partnership with Electrolit, a sports hydration drink, to sell and distribute the product.
CPG Venture Capital and Private Equity Fund
This week’s featured venture capital and venture capital fund is Farm 2050.
- Farm 2050 was co-founded by Innovation Endeavors and Finistere Ventures in California. Farm2050 is committed to advancing the future of food by supporting AgTech entrepreneurs and startups.
- A part of Farm 2050 partners include:
- The Wonderful Company
- AgriTech New Zealand
- Taylor Farms
- Farm2050 brings together researchers, farmers, entrepreneurs, manufacturers and distributors to accelerate the development of new, disruptive AgTech.