Chain4Travel presents the innovative Camino Messenger.
PALMA DE MALLORCA – The second Web3 conference for the travel industry, Travel without a chaintook place in Palma from October 9 to 11, 2023. This unmissable event, initiated by Channel4Travel, serves as a platform for many experts, innovators and key decision-makers in the tourism sector to share the latest trends and developments around the Camino network, Web3 technologies and their impact on the travel sector. More than 250 travel and technology executives from 160 leading tourism and technology companies attended this year’s Travel Un’chained event in Mallorca.
The latest developments of the Camino blockchain, a decentralized network driven by the travel industry and going live in April 2023, were at the center of discussions. To date, the Camino network includes more than 150 companies, around 100 of which act as validators, actively influencing the direction of the network.
A highlight at Travel Un’chained 2023 was Ralf UsbeckCEO of Chain4Travel, who presented the decentralized system Messenger of the Way, a new feature of the Camino blockchain. This messaging solution allows travel agencies to connect to the network and instantly sell and buy across the entire network, using a single, uniform and efficient messaging standard. This standard messaging solution reduces the need to maintain multiple direct connections. Camino Messenger also significantly reduces the costs associated with connecting and maintaining numerous APIs for travel agencies. This also enables rapid expansion of the product range and distribution, for example to new markets, through simple global collaboration with pre-verified travel agencies in the Camino network.
Camino Messenger works with bots connected to each partner’s wallets. It sends encrypted search queries to Camino network partner wallets. The partners, in turn, respond with offers, also encrypted. Reservations are stored on the blockchain along with the master data, while other reservation data remains private and decentralized.
Partners across the customer journey can access booking data as needed, enabling improved and more personalized customer service. The Messenger bridges the gap between the Web2 world and the Web3 world. Another highlight of open-source Camino Messenger is the ability for providers to set micro-fees for requests, thereby monetizing data traffic.
As versatile as the Camino Project, the event featured a variety of other interesting sessions:
Industry leader Jens BischofCEO of Eurowingsshared his vision of the travel industry and the innovative approaches of startups like Chain4Travel. Benjamin Usemarketing director of BitMEXpresented his expertise on the crypto market, and Manuel SaballusCEO of a technology specialist, Cutting-edge workrevealed new approaches to service, commerce and customer loyalty programs.
- On the theme of sustainability and blockchain, Marc RileyCTO of DER Touristik online, together with the Lufthansa Group, shared ideas and solutions from the DER Hackathon: in just a few days, developers used Camino Network technology to solve existing problems related to the sale of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) , incentivizing customers via Eco-Rewards and transparently tracking sales. via SAF tokens. They even developed working prototypes.
- Innovative startups were also represented, such as Sleap.io with CEO Michael Rosthe first one Web3 OTA recently launched on the Camino network. Sleap offers travelers unprecedented personalization by combining blockchain and AI technology.
- Another intriguing and innovative approach was presented by Michael Hasler, CEO of Juiceintroducing the new DeVest platform: fractional asset ownership makes shares more easily tradable, facilitating capital inflows into the sector.
- SH Financial’s Rob Groombridge shed light on the future of tokenization and the opportunity to transform physical assets into digital tokens on the blockchain.
- Web3 also has implications for data: Samuel AustinCEO of Offset datashowed the potential of blockchain to collect verified, high-quality data to provide sufficient data quality to an AI and unlock new revenue streams for businesses using AI support.
- Practical Web3 expertise was shared by Victoria KlichCo-founder of w3.fund and CEO of w3.vision. She discussed the future of cookies and the opportunities offered by Web3 technologies in allowing users to determine the sharing of personal data.
Ralf Usbeck summary: “Camino is a collaborative project within the travel industry with enormous potential, synergies and innovative approaches. Our projects are medium and long term. It’s impressive to see what we’ve accomplished in just a year since our first event – from implementing core technology to launching the Camino network and seeing the first use cases live on Camino.
The Travel Un’chained conference provided a comprehensive overview of the opportunities and challenges that Web3 presents to the tourism industry. The future of the travel industry looks bright, thanks to the introduction of Web3 technologies and continued industry collaboration.